The compact coating system:
fast, precise, flexible.
The need to address challenging market requirements and the urge among providers to differentiate themselves have changed expectations with respect to the capabilities of coating systems and handling: Precision and flexibility, small batch sizes, and the application of proprietary coatings are as much in demand as operating convenience, simplified production flows, and short turnaround times.
INGENIA, Oerlikon Balzers’ new compact coating system, is the solution that responds to these expectations: INGENIA outperforms previous systems as regards speed, precision, and flexibility; it features simpler handling and compact design. Additionally, INGENIA is endowed with the latest achievements in PVD technology – the result of decades of experience and ongoing innovation.
Optimised heating and cooling for faster batch turnaround intervals. This substantially shortens the coating process and increases productivity.
- Efficient etching thanks to a new technology: ready-to-coat surfaces within app. 20 minutes
- Short batch times of 2 to 3 hours allow
- up to 8 batches per day
- Very fast loading
The optimisation of target technology with VMS and also of the target configuration geometry has resulted in a previously unattainable coating thickness accuracy of ±5 %. This makes INGENIA the ideal system for coating precision tools.
- Homogeneous coating thickness distribution within a batch
- Homogeneous coating thickness distribution across batches
- Excellent homogeneity in etching and optimised coating adhesion
INGENIA is highly flexible with regard to applicable coatings and technologies, loading, and handling. The ability of INGENIA to quickly and very precisely coat optimised batches makes it even more flexible in development and production.
- Eight different processes, coatings, and/or products per day
- Entire Oerlikon Balzers coatings portfolio: BALINIT® PERTURA, BALINIT® ALCRONA PRO, BALINIT® ALNOVA, BALINIT® ALDURA, etc.
- Coatings developed in-house by customers
- Technologies: S3p™, P3e™, arc evaporation
INGENIA is even easier to operate than previous coating systems:
- Quick and convenient target change within a few minutes
- Simple system cleaning and maintenance procedures
- Intuitive, touchscreen-based operation: Simplicity in system management and production
- Software for foolproof applications: Different access levels for users, service technicians, and programmers
- Remote control: The system can be remotely controlled
- Convenient loading without additional handling station
- Central media interfaces for water, exhaust gas, gas, and compressed air
- The system is easy to move
- Quick and uncomplicated system commissioning
INGENIA is an economically interesting coating system and a secure investment for any user:
- Modest unit costs per coated tool
- Low operating costs
- Reduced target costs due to vastly improved target utilisation
- Optimised adaptability to all working hour models
At Oerlikon Balzers, the emphasis is on production reliability and quality. New systems are thoroughly tested and applied in production at the worldwide Balzers coating centres before they are introduced to the market. This approach guarantees maximum dependability and production process reliability in real-world applications.